WHAT DO WE STAND FOR?
RECYCLING AND EDUCATIONAL PROJECTS FOR THE CHILDREN OF THIS WORLD – THE MISSION OF OZEANKIND e.V.
With the help of recycling and educational projects for children, we advocate nationally and internationally for a higher awareness in the use of disposable plastic and against the constantly increasing concealment of nature through disposable plastic.
The practical work with children makes not only infinitely great fun, it is also very satisfying. Because the kids not only adapt what they have learned and above all what they understand very quickly – children often act directly. And that is the focus!
And, of course, it is also much easier to influence children in their way of thinking and acting at a very young age. With us being “adult creatures of habit” this mission often proves to be much more difficult and complicated in practice.
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION FOR ADULTS
Although mostly in theory, environmental education for adults also takes place at Ozeankind® e.V. of course. For adults, it is above all about leaving the comfort zone, rethinking their own habits and creating awareness of the consequences of our “learned” everyday life.
The kids play an important role in this as well … because many children become little ocean children ambassadors for us. Because they are the ones who automatically “educate” their mummies and daddies after they themselves have grown up to be young ocean children.
WE COULD ALL CONTRIBUTE TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS GET STARTED.
No one has to move directly into the forest or create own shampoos, and we don’t have to give up all the comforts. You can do all that, but you don’t have to.
It would be enough if as many people as possible on this planet would contribute a small part and leave their comfort zone every now and then. This is especially true for the people who actually have the opportunity to do so.
That clearly includes us. In Germany. In many other industrial countries in Europe. We, who were born in wealthy industrial countries because our ticket in the lottery of birth said “Germany”. Because we have something that many people in other parts of the world do not have: alternatives.
We are happy that with the help of Ozeankind we can do our small part to improve the world.
HOW WOULD A WORLD LIKE IF WE WOULD HAVE THE CHOICE?
- One day we´d like to live on a place without products wrapped in single-use plastics ending up in our environment.
- A world without trash ending up in the ocean. A world without beaches full of plastic waste.
- A world where as many people as possible have access to a working recycling system.
- A world where the protection of the environment gets introduced as early as in pre-school.
- A world where environmental protection and the protection of the worlds resources is a subject in school.
- A world where nobody is laughing about other people taking care or not taking them serious.
- We wanna live in a world where people have a high awareness, a good level of self-reflexion and the motivation the be the change they want to see in the world.
- We are looking for people who question things, who search for solutions and who start to change themselves instead of waiting for others to change the world for them.