DONATING TO THE "BIG GUYS" IS SO EASY
A FULL PROJECT WITH A SINGLE DONATION?
It can work – with us, Ozeankind®, the one and only personal NGO with lots of power directly from our hearts. An NGO with one focus only: Plastic Waste.
Focus Areas: Educational projects for kids on plastic waste, avoidance, recycling and workshops. International.
We did not find any other NGO which met our expectations – this is why we founded Ozeankind® e.V.
Will you use donations for administration? Do you really use the money to help the ocean or will you use them for panda bears? (important as well, but it is simply not our focus).
We do not know. But we know that our projects do not cost millions!
WHY our PROJECTS ARE SPECIAL
Many of our projects are so small and effective, that it might even happen that one donation (obviously depending on the donated amount) can fund a full project. For example …
- RECYCLING PROJECTS
- UPCYCLING PROJECTS
- WORKSHOPS or (SCHOOL-) SPEECHES
Even if it is “just” a hundred bucks which we could use for the local recycling of waste we have picked up before.
Think of a water dispenser … we can even buy a very nice water dispenser for less than 1.000 Euro which we then place in schools or communities without proper waste management. Over there it saves several thousands of PET bottles a year.
A five months educational project with thousands of kids on the island of Zanzibar is less than 5k Euro only – a small project with big impact. To buya recycling facility (of course small, but those things do not need to be big to make a difference locally) you need approximately 50k Euro. When the local people get a recycling possibility, it means less burned or disposed waste and also can give new perspectives to people or even for a village!
When people are not aware that most of the sunscreen contains plastic – we should better make them aware. Free of charge – but still helps.
There are endless possibilities to make small or big differences!
MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.
SPECIAL COMPANIES FOR A SPECIAL NGO
However, there is one thing we have in common with the “BIG” guys – we rely on the support of companies when it comes to funding.
- Ozeankind e.V.
- IBAN: DE16 4306 0967 4066 3191 00
- BIC: GENODEM1GLS
- GLS Gemeinschaftsbank
- Purpose: (Name of your company) for Ozeankind® e.V.
Confirmation of your Donation
Just drop us an email after making a donation in case you need something in written form: email@example.com
OZEANKIND® CODEX FOR COMPANIES
IMPORTANT INFO TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN DONATION AND SPONSORING
Being an NGO fighting against plastic pollution worldwide, there are some rules (by law and not forgetting the moral aspect) when it comes to donations. The tax authorities make a difference between Donations and Sponsoring.
- A donation is always voluntarily without getting something in return (instead of karma points, a huge thank you and a good feeling).
- If there is an exchange of “services” (e.g. if you want us to make active marketing for you), it´s not without any direct consideration. E.g. for the german tax authorities … it´s active marketing already if we only post an article about you on our website, using your logo and setting up a link. Unfortunately. What happens then is that a donation transforms into a sponsoring. With the result that we are not allowed to provide a donation certificate, however we are more than happy to give you an invoice. Anyway, an invoice might be the better option for companies anyway, depending on the country of residence 🙂
- For non-commercial use we are more than happy to send our logo – for instance when you wanna use it on your website or in social media in kind of an engagement-section”. However this is only valid as long as you will not use sentences such as “for every product sold, we donate 1 Euro to Ozeankind® e.V. – so buy now from us!”
- Using our logo and name for commercial use (e.g for things like “dear customer, with buying this product you support Ozeankind® e.V. by donating X Euro or Y percent”) is obviously allowed … but only if we have a sponsorship-/collaboration agreement with you or your company.In ANY case we are looking forward to speak to you – just drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +49 162 9052905.